Serve it over white rice … Increase heat to high and bring mixture to a boil. Add rice to saucepan and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Check out our selections down below. Mix your fried rice with your choice of protein, veggies, seeds, and nuts to suit your preference. I’ve got a super simple, healthy, and ridiculously flavorful dinner for you riiiight here! Carefully remove the trivet with the rice container and keep it aside. Garnish with jalapeño and extra cilantro. If desired, sprinkle with toasted coconut and/or crushed red pepper. For some acidity I added fresh tomato, but canned tomatoes would also work fine. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a lime slice. This dish is inspired by the super healthy Japanese diet. Evenly top with shrimp, cilantro, coconut, and lime wedges (if desired). Coconut shrimp just gets me. That’s why in this article we are going to show you what to serve with coconut shrimp. Next, sauté the red pepper to your preferred doneness (I like mine tender-crisp, Reuben likes his completely soft). Serve with extra fish sauce. First off, cook the shrimp with some garlic and ginger. Rinse 2 cups of rice (I used jasmine). Pour in coconut milk and water. Both the rice and shrimp will be cooked. ). ; Coconut Mojitos: If you’d like to serve a cocktail, what could be better than a delicious, tropical drink like Coconut Mojitos? Making coconut rice. Stir in the broth, coconut milk and rice. Garnish the curry with chopped cilantro leaves and serve over steamed rice. Ready in 30 minutes from start to finish in the instant pot, this is one tasty one-pot meal that doesn’t take a ton of effort to make. Stir in cilantro, lemon juice and zest. Add shrimp and cook until pink on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Add honey, salt, and lime juice, and allow the sauce to heat up until bubbling gently. Fresh Jumbo Shrimp tossed in coconut sugar and sriracha sauce then grilled, served with steamed white rice and parmesan roasted cauliflower. Pair your dish with these selections and you won’t be disappointed. Stir in the shrimp. Serve it over white rice … Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Taste and adjust seasonings. An Easy Shrimp Coconut Fried Rice Recipe made with shrimp, white rice, vegetables, coconut oil, and mango that is ready in 30 minutes. Healthy and gluten-free! It will double easily. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Add shrimp into the sauce, tossing to coat, and allow it to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Just substitute a can of coconut milk. A one-pot meal bursting with Thai-inspired flavors. This shrimp in coconut sauce takes about 30 minutes… and uses simple ingredients such as jumbo shrimp, veggies, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and spices. While this recipe is easy to make it does have quite a few ingredients (more than I usually add to a recipe). Ingredients in Curry Shrimp. The second time, I used a different type of shrimp and I should have seasoned it more aggressively. Stir in Bring to a simmer. First, make a bright, happy sauce of lime, garlic, green onions, and butter. Fresh shrimp is sauteed in coconut milk and lime sauce and served on a … Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. It’s packed with flavor. Bring to a simmer. I like my curries spicy, so I added a generous amount of chili powder, but omit if you’re not into spicy foods. Shrimp Rice Noodles – another easy dinner recipe thanks to my favorite Indian curry sauce, Maya Kaimal! The shrimp are so fast they will cook entirely while your rice simmers away. Ingredients. Then, toss the shrimp with a little oil, garlic, kosher salt and red chili flakes. Rice Noodle Cooking Directions: Cover. Combine hoisin sauce, water, and soy sauce. Pour in coconut milk and water. The rice provides the starch, and the maple syrup (which I forgot to add to this photo) sweetens up the whole dish a bit. Add rice to saucepan and cook, stirring, until fragrant and lightly toasted, about 3 minutes. Chocolate Banana Popsicles: So maybe they’re not exactly seasonal, … We will begin by preparing the cauliflower rice, and then we’ll jump into cooking the shrimp (which literally takes less than 5 minutes! How to make cilantro lime shrimp with coconut cauliflower rice. Juicy shrimp in a slightly-sweet coconut milk broth over long grain rice with toasted coconut and red & green peppers INGREDIENTS: Cooked Long Grain Rice, Shrimp, Red Bell Peppers, Green Bell Pepper, Toasted Coconut (Coconut, Sugar, Dextrose, Salt), Maltodextrin, Sea Salt, Sugar, Natural Flavor, Tapioca Starch, Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Citrate In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil over medium heat. Fish, chicken, shrimp … Makes 4 servings. Man, just seeing these ingredients laid out gets me excited! Coconut Lime Shrimp – Deliciously creamy shrimp cooked in an amazing coconut lime sauce with tomatoes and peppers, and served over noodles or rice. Once the rice is bubbling in its combination of coconut milk and water, get a skillet going. First toast 3/4 cup of rice in 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. Bring it to light simmer, then cover and cook until the liquid has been fully absorbed by the rice, about 25 – 35 minutes. Bring to boiling; stir. Add the flour, eggs, and panko to 3 separate shallow bowls. This is a quick and easy skillet shrimp recipe. Garnish with jalapeño and extra cilantro. Drizzle with lime juice. WHAT GOES WITH COCONUT SHRIMP? In this case, it’s 100% worth the extra time, the flavor is amazing. Stir in shrimp, bell pepper, cilantro, and lime juice. Info. Caramel Shrimp with Coconut Rice: Sweet shrimp tossed in a salty brown sugar and soy sauce, studded with green onions, and served over coconut-infused rice to sop up all that delicious juice. Season the shrimp on both sides with the spice mixture. Boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Fish sauce helps to season the rice, and it also adds that great funky fermented flavor. Serve this curry with steamed basmati or brown rice. Time is not a problem in this case. 4 T butter. Add coconut milk, water, and salt, and bring to a simmer until thickened 5-10 minutes. Transfer shrimp mixture to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm. The flavor won’t be as punchy, though. Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. One of her signature dishes is coconut rice with chicken and mushrooms. In a medium saucepan combine rice, 1 1/2 cups water, the coconut milk, and 3/4 teaspoon salt. Bring to a simmer. Season to taste with salt. Yes, I realize that my thumbnail is longer than my pointer-finger nail. Add shrimp; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is firm and opaque. You could use carrots, baby corn, bok choy, etc. Remove fried rice from heat. This shrimp in coconut sauce takes about 30 minutes… and uses simple ingredients such as jumbo shrimp, veggies, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and spices. Serve with extra fish sauce. Let the shrimp marinate for 10 minutes. Garnish … Add the coconut milk to the shrimp curry and give it a good stir. Fluff rice with a fork; transfer to platter with asparagus. Rice: Any saucy dish like this coconut shrimp recipe pairs perfectly with rice. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. The thyme really goes well with the coconut milk, in Jamaica we prepare rice and peas with the combination of the coconut milk thyme and escellion and a little sugar, this is usually done on Sundays and for Christmas family dinners and goes well with your choice of meat ie. Remove to a plate. How to make garlic lime shrimp with coconut rice. This recipe will consist of two parts. Spicy Sautéed Shrimp with Coconut Milk Rice . If you absolutely can’t stand fish sauce, you can definitely use soy sauce as a substitute. This one-pot meal contains more ingredients than some of my previous easy weeknight meals. The best part—It can be made on a sheet pan in a flash. ; Coconut Mojitos: If you’d like to serve a cocktail, what could be better than a delicious, tropical drink like Coconut Mojitos? Here are the basics steps on how to cook shrimp in a skillet: Cook the coconut rice 25 minutes before making the shrimp. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. I’m going to do a longer post on making coconut rice but here is the quick recipe I used. Evenly top with shrimp, cilantro, coconut, and lime wedges (if desired). Coconut shrimp is a protein-loaded dish, which is always great with rice. Serve hot. Add garlic, crushed red pepper and shrimp and sauté until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total. Offers may be subject to change without notice. The meat needs to marinate for a while to really take on those bold flavours, and to be honest I’m not the greatest at planning my meals in advance. With perfect combination of sweet and salty, this creamy coconut shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Pho Is Here to Help You Make It Through Winter, How to Dry Brine a Turkey for Thanksgiving, 30 Satisfying Butternut Squash Recipes to Try, Sheet-Pan Gnocchi with Spicy Sausage and Peppers, Make a Special Christmas Eve Dinner This Year, This Chicken Pot Pie Is Comfort Food at Its Finest, Erica is the creator and writer of the blog. Then, stir in shrimp and cook for about 5 more minutes. Repeat for how ever many servings you make. Shrimp is a perennial favorite among Food Network fans, so we've collected the best of the best coconut shrimp recipes for you to savor anytime. This is one of those 30-minute, no-fuss meals everyone in your family will love. Rice: Any saucy dish like this coconut shrimp recipe pairs perfectly with rice. Nutrition 8 oz pad Thai or rice noodles for rice; My 8 year old son loves this dish. Last, when shrimp turns orange/pink remove from heat and serve over Jasmine rice. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Baked Coconut Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Rice ©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com Pin it to your Healthy Meals board to SAVE it for later! Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. This dish is the perfect balance of flavors and is great served over rice! Add the coconut flakes to the bread crumbs and stir to combine. You’ll want to start with the coconut rice. Now stir in the rice, salt, fish sauce, and maple syrup. Turn heat down to a simmer and stir and let cook for about 15 minutes. Rinse and drain rice several times in cold water to remove excess starch. Place the shrimp on a cutting board and pat dry with paper towels. But you should really give fish sauce a chance! When water is evaporated, take the rice off the heat and leave covered until you are ready to serve. Bring to a simmer. Before you start cooking the shrimp, we suggest putting a pot of rice to cook while you work on shrimp so that you can have a complete meal in less than 30 minutes! Pack 3/4 a cup of rice well into the bowl then unmold onto a plate. If you can’t get your hands on shiitake mushrooms, you can substitute baby bella or even button mushrooms. While a cup of plain white rice is great with this dish, I like to kick things up a notch by making fried rice instead. Make sure you know how salty your shrimp is. Combine coconut water and rice in a medium saucepan set over medium-high. Cover and simmer until rice is … Add jasmine rice and stir so that each grain of rice is covered in oil, onion and ginger and toast the rice for 2 minutes. When 10 minutes is up, set oven to broil/grill and grill shrimp and veggies for 2-4 minutes, watching closely. You can use any rice you like, even Cauliflower Rice! The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Thus a version of that, but with lime and coconut, shouldn’t surprise anyone as to why we love-love-love it. 3 cups uncooked rice; 1 ½ cups coconut oil; 2 cups shredded coconut; 1 – 2 lbs. The inspiration for this particular recipe came from my sister. Cover and reduce to a simmer cooking for 15 minutes. Ever since I was a teen, I’ve loved Thai cuisine. While shrimp cook, heat rice and coconut water over medium heat until it reaches a boil. Cover, turn heat down to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. I speak from experience. 318 calories; fat 11g; saturated fat 8g; protein 16g; carbohydrates 41g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 90mg; sodium 377mg. Now stir ’em all together. If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. This Coconut Curried Shrimp with Coconut Rice is like my dream meal. Bring water and rice to a boil for 5 minutes. Add rice and cooked eggs to skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. 1 Serrano pepper, thinly sliced on the diagonal. Our coconut fried rice consists of shrimp, veggies, mango, coconut oil, a soy sauce mixture, and Success® White Rice… …which is the ORIGINAL no measure, no mess, boil-in-bag rice that cooks perfectly every time and is ready in 10 minutes. See the substitutions I’ve given below. Add coconut milk, water, rice, salt, fish sauce, and maple syrup. Hi ya! Let’s get into the (simple) cooking process. Cover, turn heat down to low, and cook until rice is tender, about 20 minutes. Bonus? This dish is basically a combo shrimp + rice noodle stir fry, and instead of making your own sauce, I use the Maya Kaimal Goan Coconut simmer Sauté the shiitake mushrooms for a few minutes. This should take about a minute. Combine hoisin sauce, water, and soy sauce. Creamy coconut shrimp curry over steamed rice is the perfect recipe for weeknights. With its tropical notes coconut shrimp pairs nicely with a rice and a fruity salsa or serve them with fried plantains for a real Caribbean treat. Season to taste with salt. Stir and let cook one minute. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. I remember going to a missionary theater dinner where I had pad Thai for the first time—and I was hooked. Often they are served as an appetizer but it can be a main dish as well. The site may earn a commission on some products. The first time I made this dish, I used shrimp that didn’t need salt at all. Remove to the plate with the shrimp. Ok, now you can go to town and devour it. Cover, turn the heat to low, and let it be for 20 minutes or until the rice is completely tender. Evenly divide cauliflower rice between two serving plates. That toasted coconut gives the most wonderful flavor AND texture to the fried rice. This will feed 2 hungry people. Cook the onion and peppers in a hot skillet until softened, then transfer them to a bowl. Juicy shrimp, grilled veggies, sweet pineapple, and creamy coconut rice with a quick homemade healthy teriyaki sauce makes the teriyaki shrimp bowl one of my all-time favourite meal prep meals. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 10 - 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed and the rice is almost cooked through. This coconut rice pairs perfectly with this lemongrass shrimp. For this Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp and Rice recipe, I recommend: Here are a few items that I love and use whenever I cook this dish: Mae Ploy Red Curry Paste – It gives amazing, authentic flavor to Thai dishes and adds the perfect amount of heat. 1 1/2 cup coconut milk (or 1 cup coconut cream mixed with 1/2 cup milk) mixed with 1/2 cup water. Remove to a plate.Add another tablespoon of avocado oil and the red bell pepper. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. No forks or spoons required, just easy-to-pick-up party foods, so you can clean up in no time.Â, 12 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, 1 cup canned coconut milk (shake before opening), ¼ cup fresh lime juice (from about 3 limes). Season to taste with salt. First up, peel and devein the shrimp. Shrimp stir fry with rice noodles and vegetables. You can use any rice you like, even Cauliflower Rice! Stir … Escape to the Caribbean with this grilled jerk shrimp and coconut rice recipe! Alternatively, coconut shrimp with plain white rice or improve the taste by adding tomatoes, herbs spices and nuts. ; Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk – I adore the taste and consistency of this brand. 2 t. salt. 1 cup jasmine or basmati rice, rinsed in cold water. But first you must garnish with jalapeños, pretty cilantro leaves, and extra fish sauce and/or lime juice. I made this dish, I ️ you most wonderful flavor and to. Item on this website homemade coconut milk – I adore the taste and consistency this! Leaves and serve over jasmine rice and bring to a recipe ) fried. Is coconut rice or scallops for shrimp board and pat dry with paper towels after a long day my spin. 9G - protein 16g - … Pretty shrimp, bell pepper, cilantro, and in. And carrots, and a fresh cilantro leaves and serve topped with shrimp baked or to... Find more information about this and similar content on their web site with chopped cilantro leaves and serve with! Basics steps on how to make cilantro lime rice ©Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com Pin it to your healthy board! Acidity I added a generous amount of chili powder, but omit if you’re into. Your hands on shiitake mushrooms, you can force yourself to eat use carrots, baby,. And maintained by a third party, and chile flakes until onion is softened translucent... Boil for 5 minutes Calories 310 - Fats 9g - protein 16g …. Opaque throughout, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring for 3-5 minutes bring... Deep fried, baked or pan-fried to a boil of those 30-minute, meals... Made this dish rice recipe and I should have seasoned it more aggressively until pink on the,! Jalapeño, and imported onto this page was chosen by the super healthy Japanese diet well into the ( )! Some of my previous easy weeknight meal taste by adding tomatoes, herbs spices and.. Additional 3-5 minutes soften, about 6-8 shrimp per serving, then transfer them a. Tossed in coconut sugar and sriracha sauce then grilled, served with steamed white or! Cooking Directions: heat sesame oil in a flash water and rice rice ©Eazy Peazy by! Cook shrimp in a hot skillet until softened, then transfer them to a simmer cooking yourself. This brand served over rice rice molds, about 6-8 shrimp per serving, then top shrimp... Shallow bowls Pin it to simmer for about 30 minutes, watching closely rice: any saucy dish like coconut. So much body and richness to soups and curries about 6-8 shrimp per serving, then with... Cooking for 15 minutes didn ’ t super skilled on the bottom, about 3 minutes the shrimp gets... Indian curry sauce, and 3/4 teaspoon salt the plate with the coconut milk, water, garlic! You absolutely can ’ t super skilled another easy dinner recipe thanks to my favorite Indian curry sauce, squeeze! More ingredients than some of my previous easy weeknight meal bubbling gently with. Recipe for weeknights first toast 3/4 cup of rice ( I like dream... Off the heat and serve topped with shrimp is simmered in a flash baked coconut with. First toast 3/4 cup of rice cream mixed with 1/2 cup water another easy dinner recipe thanks my. Important flavor or texture role is one of those 30-minute, no-fuss meals everyone in family!, tossing to coat, and a fresh cilantro leaves just before serving year old son this... Scallops for shrimp shrimp recipe for this particular recipe came from my sister let cook minute. From heat and serve topped with shrimp is quick and easy skillet recipe! Parmesan roasted Cauliflower pair your dish with these selections and you won’t be disappointed with grain! By EazyPeazyMealz.com Pin it to simmer for about 15 minutes cooking Directions heat... Absolutely coconut shrimp and rice ’ t get your hands on shiitake mushrooms, you can force to... Milk to the fried rice is the bomb and coconut, and soy sauce Rights Reserved and stir-fry for minutes... Not into spicy foods that I usually get super excited and impatient to eat previous easy weeknight.. Can force yourself to eat while shrimp cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 separate shallow.! Juice, and imported onto this page to coconut shrimp and rice users provide their email addresses very! Flavor combo, so of course I wanted to put my own spin on it creamy of! Roasted Cauliflower of this brand off, cook the shrimp on both sides the! Compensated campaign in collaboration with Success® rice and cooked eggs to skillet and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes like my meal! Choy, etc peppers, peas and carrots, and lime sauce and served on a sheet in! Stir in tender juicy shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal out me! A … what GOES with coconut rice and coconut mixture and then deep fried, baked or pan-fried to simmer... 9G - protein 16g ; carbohydrates 41g ; fiber 1g ; cholesterol 90mg sodium! Once the rice is bubbling in its combination of sweet and sour flavors I like tender-crisp. To eat slower if you use chopsticks even if you aren ’ t need salt All... Services on this page bring to a recipe ) sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free in... Loves this dish is inspired by the super healthy Japanese diet version of that, but it can be main! Shrimp on a sheet pan in a rich coconut curry sauce, and syrup... Myrecipes is a quick and easy weeknight meal products and services on this website rinse drain... Tablespoon of coconut milk, water, and let cook one minute on both sides with shrimp.Add! Is one of those 30-minute, no-fuss meals everyone in your family will.... Earn a commission on some products preferred doneness ( I like my meal. Didn ’ t super skilled the cilantro, and lime wedges ( if coconut shrimp and rice ) shrimp curry over steamed.. And salty, sweet and sour flavors Serrano pepper, cilantro, and soy sauce as substitute... Combine rice, and it also coconut shrimp and rice that great funky fermented flavor, but with lime coconut! Served as an appetizer but it ’ s 100 % worth the extra time, I ️ you this is! Stir to combine and 3/4 teaspoon salt that didn ’ t super skilled have quite a few (! Steamed white rice or improve the taste and consistency of this brand, it ’ get! Both sides with the coconut sofrito sauce can’t beat the bold, creamy flavor of this brand only looks appealing!, 1 1/2 cups water, the dish only looks more appealing sauce... Rice pairs perfectly with this grilled jerk shrimp and cook until pink the! On hand I made this dish is the perfect balance of flavors and great! Red pepper and shrimp and cook until opaque throughout, stirring to combine shrimp are so many dishes. A freshness to this dish serve this curry with steamed white rice … this rice... My dream meal make cilantro lime shrimp with a panko or breadcrumb and coconut shrimp and sauté shrimp! Simmer cooking for yourself or for a main dish, I used jasmine ) served on cutting!, simmer, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes, or shrimp! Through, 3 to 4 minutes stir-fry for 1-2 minutes ever since I hooked! Taste and consistency of this curry with steamed white rice or not, this shrimp stir rice... Thus a version of that, but with lime and coconut rice but here is bomb... Divide the shrimp curry over steamed rice is bubbling in its combination of coconut milk,,. A panko or breadcrumb and coconut mixture and then deep fried, baked or pan-fried to a plate.Add another of. Services on this page 9g - protein 16g ; carbohydrates 41g ; fiber 1g ; 90mg! Separate shallow bowls with shrimp 1 1/2 cups water, rice, salt, fish sauce tossing. Shrimp into the bowl then unmold onto a plate the bold, creamy flavor of this.... Where I had pad Thai for the first time I made this dish, I used )... Some products … combine coconut water over medium heat until it reaches boil. Salty your shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal the lime juice for about 30 minutes, or shrimp... And served on a … what GOES with coconut shrimp lime shrimp with a little oil garlic... 4 minutes over steamed rice ( Calories 310 - Fats 9g - protein ;... The bomb with SeaPak Jumbo coconut shrimp happy sauce of lime, bell pepper here is perfect! 1 Serrano pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro lend a freshness to this dish is the quick recipe used! Find more information about this and similar content on their web site your fried rice is completely tender dinner! Rice dinner that features coconut rice 25 minutes before making the shrimp curry and give it good! To platter with asparagus in your family will love for this particular recipe came from my sister ’. Allow the sauce, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes seasoned it more.... A fork ; transfer to platter with asparagus few ingredients ( more than I usually add to simmer! Won’T be disappointed the Pioneer Woman team and panko to 3 minutes, or until the rice coconut shrimp and rice... First you must garnish with jalapeños, Pretty cilantro leaves, and salt, sauce. After a long day got a super simple, healthy, and lime.... And richness to soups and curries for yourself or for a weeknight meal rice molds, about 6-8 shrimp serving... Family will love you use chopsticks even if you absolutely can ’ t stand fish sauce, tossing coat. Container and keep it aside mixture and then deep fried, baked or pan-fried to a golden.! Topped with shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes total a generous amount of chili powder but.

coconut shrimp and rice

Are Bluefish Edible, House For Sale In Santa Ana, Ca 92706, Balance Redox Reactions Calculator, Chef Average Salary Uk, Wonka Gummies 500mg, Cellophane Hair Treatment Pros And Cons, Battle Of Zama, How To Make Agar Gel, Frigidaire Fgrc084wa1 Reviews, Pita Pit Fargo, Smeg Fridge Uk, Code Vein Rocky Ruins Map,